2011 Holiday Gift Guide December 4, 2011 – Posted in: Guides
‘Tis the season! December has arrived and the store is buzzing with customers busy with holiday gift knitting. Hats, scarves, cowls and socks are topping most lists. If you’ve been planning a few handmade gifts but haven’t found the time to cast on, don’t despair, it’s not too late to knit up a few quick and easy projects before the holidays (see previous post)! And for the fellow knitters on your list, we’ve highlighted a few of our top picks below to help you with your shopping. You might also find it useful to casually leave this list lying around with your own personal faves strategically circled for those wondering what you might like…
1. Perl Grey Shawl Sticks. Based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Perl Grey designs and creates accessories for hand knits. We love their shawl sticks for use with wraps, cowls, shawls, or sweaters!
2. Lorna?s Laces + Heel holiday Gift Sets. Includes 1 skein of Lorna’s Laces Solemate, 1 full size Heel Foot Cream , and 1 mini-soak wash. Solemate is a new sock yarn containing “Outlast” – a fiber with climate control technology so your feet are never too hot or cold. A must-try!
3. Addi Turbo® Click Interchangeable Needle Set This Cadillac of interchangeable needle sets provides 10 different sizes of addi Turbo® tips, three different lengths of a pliable blue cord, and one connector piece which helps to either store stitches or combine cords. Additional tip sizes and cords can be bought separately in store. Addi Interchangeable kits are also available in lace tips and bamboo.
4. Lantern Moon Sheep Tape Measures. Extremely cute retractable measuring tapes – available in Black, Brown, and Cream. Lantern Moon supports socially and globally conscious living.
5. HiyaHiya Puppy Snips. These are handy little scissor tools that fit easily into even the smallest accessory case. They are only 1-7/8″ when closed and come with an attached chain.
6. ZigZag Stitches Boxy Project / Notions Bags. These bags are great for storing and transporting small knitting or craft projects. Knitting needles or crochet hooks up to 8 inches long (20 cm) can be accommodated. Available in variety of gorgeous designer fabrics in two sizes.
7. HiyaHiya Dumpling Case and Stitch Markers. HiyaHiya Dumpling Cases come in beautiful, assorted brocades and each is filled with 6 yarn ball stitch markers. Just squeeze your dumpling case to open it and when you release the case it closes effortlessly. Assorted colors.
8. Perl Grey Brooches. See Perl Grey Shawl Sticks above.
9. Stork Scissors from Gingher. Beautiful design and precise function are combined in these 3½ inch Stork Scissors enhanced with gold-plated handles.
10. Gleener? ? The Ultimate Fuzz Remover ? works like magic to quickly and easily remove fuzz, pills and lint from most woven or knitted fabrics. Everything from sweaters, t-shirts, pants, jackets, and scarves to drapes, cushions and upholstery will be completely revitalized!
11. Knit Picks Options Interchangeable Harmony Wood Circular Knitting Needle Sets. This set is a great starter set for any knitter, beginner or experienced. Contains knitting needles and cable lengths in the most popular sizes packaged in a clear zipper top vinyl pouch. Additional tip sizes and cords can be bought separately in store. Harmony Wood Double Pointed Knitting Needle Sets in 6″ and 5″ lengths are also in stock.
12. Soak Wash. Soak is a pure, gentle and deliciously scented way to wash the delicate items you care about most. This rinse-free formulation is perfect for washing your laciest lingerie, your softest sweaters, hand-made quilts and even baby clothes. Soak is designed with fabric-friendly ingredients that revitalize fibers so they look great and last longer. Soak is safe for both hand and machine washing, including HE.
13. Sig’nits. Knitters love to put a personal touch on their projects ? especially when it?s a gift for someone special. Sig’nits are avaialable in a variety of different bead motifs. What’s your sig’nit?
14. Woolpets Needle Felting Kits. Create miniature wool sculptures using natural roving and a felting needle. These needle felting kits from Woolpets feature a variety of adorable creatures and include step by step instructions. Kits are available to suit all skill levels (easy, intermediate, and advanced) and many are suitable for children 10 years and up.
15. HiyaHiya Steel Interchangeable Needle Sets. These interchangeable needle sets feature keyless screw-on connections and swivel cables. Each set includes a practical and portable brocade case, needle tips and 4 cables of varying lengths. Each set also includes a set of needle grips.
16. Large Umbrella Swift – Use an umbrella swift a Royal ball winder to wind your skeins. The Umbrella Swift will support skeins of yarn of various sizes and has a table clamp with wooden twist screws to hold it in place.
17. “Keep Calm and Carry Yarn” Project Bags! Keep calm and carry yarn in hand-dyed and screen-printed cotton muslin project bags by Jennie Gee. Available in two sizes (11″ x 10.5″ and 16″ x 16″), these bags are perfect for keeping your projects organized and portable.
18. Yarn Ball Winder from Royal – Avoid tangled yarn and frustration with a Royal Ball Winder! This knitting and yarn accessory is a “must have” to take the chore out of winding balls of yarn. It easily attaches to a table and makes a “center pull” ball of yarn. Used ideally with an umbrella swift.
19. Heel Foot Cream. Heel is a rich, nourishing foot cream for feet worthy of hand-knit socks. A unique combination of ingredients restores the skin and soothes tired feet. Cucumber extract, vitamin E and the soothing powers of menthol work together to form a luxuriously rich treat for sock-worthy feet. Great for hands too!