By popular request… November 7, 2012 – Posted in: Miscellaneous
here are two of the most requested recipes from the treat table at our opening last weekend! Just in time for holiday baking…
1\2 cup vegetable shortening or margarine
1 1\2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1\4 tsp. salt
1 lemon, grated – peel & juice
1\2 cup milk
1\3 cup of sugar
1. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Combine shortening and sugar and blend until creamy.
3. Beat eggs well then blend in milk and lemon peel. Add to shortening and cream mixture.
4. Add dry ingredients all at once and stir until mixed, do not beat.
5. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
6. Cool for 5 minutes.
7. Combine lemon juice and 1\3 cup of sugar and pour over loaf while still warm. Do not remove from pan until cold.
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp almond extract
3 egg whites
1. Pulse the almond flour, sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a food processor for a few seconds.
2. Add 3 egg whites, pulsing a few seconds after each egg one.
3. Mix in food processor until mixture is smooth.
4. Scoop out 1 tbsp of mixture, dip in sugar and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake at 300 degrees between 20-30 minutes depending on your oven and preferred texture. Cookies should be soft when you take them out.