When all you need is just a little of a good thing… July 3, 2013 – Posted in: New in Store, Project Ideas
One-thousand Koigu Skeinettes landed in store yesterday and we’re so excited about the creative possibilities these little gems bring with them! The 10m/11yd mini-skeins come in myriad shades of Koigu’s hand-painted semi-solid and multi-colour palettes and are just $2.95 ea. From pocket linings and turned hems on hats and sweaters in peek-a-boo contrast colours to colourwork projects, toys, and accent trims, mini-skeins provide an economical alternative to purchasing full skeins when all you need is a little. We’ve been dreaming up all kinds of uses for these – here are just a few project ideas:
- Beekeeper’s Quilt by Tiny Owl Knits: one skein = one hexipuff!
- Little Fair Isle Hat by Purl Soho (free pattern)
- Sporty Striped Peds by Purl Soho (free pattern)
- Infant Mittens by Purl Soho (free pattern)
- Saartje’s Booties – mini skeins are perfect for accent trim! (free pattern)
- Bow Pouch by Derya Davenport (free pattern)
- Mitaines Rainbow by Elise Dupont (free pattern)
- Bird à Pois by Lucinda Guy
- LoveSocks by Devon Clement (free pattern)
- Latte Baby Sweater by Liselotte Weller
- The Secret by Julie Hamilton (free pattern)
- Leftie by Martina Behm
Send us your ideas for Koigu mini-skeins if you have some – we’d love to hear more!