Stephen & Steven Tour – update December 18, 2014 – Posted in: Events, Miscellaneous, Store Scheduling
Need a quick show-stopper of a gift? How about a spot in one of Stephen & Steven’s upcoming classes? Don’t forget, the Stephen and Steven Tour 2015 is coming to Espace Tricot early in the New Year. Stephen West of Westknits and Steven Berg of StevenBe will be at Espace Tricot on February 14th and 15th and will be teaching classes and sharing their trunk shows over the course of two fun, inspiring, and creative days. Please note that there are only a handful of spaces left in the two classes on offer! The class fee is required to reserve your spot ? feel free to call in and reserve by credit card ? 514 486-5648.
Broaden your knitting horizons and change your life with Stephen West and StevenBe. This Dynamic Duo class is designed to be an amazing opportunity to have fun while learning Stephen & Steven?s favorite techniques and best tips and tricks. It will set you free from patterns as written and help you feel comfortable making your own modifications and design decisions. Experience the magic of mixology, taking a variety of yarns from different brands, weights, and fiber contents to create a magical and unique accessory or garment. Start with a base pattern from Stephen or Steven and learn different methods of creating angles and edges, adding new colors, and combining fibers in unique ways to customize the pattern and truly make it yours. You will need for class:
- A Stephen or Steven base pattern: Lumpy Space, Earth & Sky, Colonnade, Enchanted Mesa, Eyelet Ponchini, Tasseled Slouch & Cowl, Really Rylie, or Cropped Cardi.
- Minimum 3 yarns to work with, best to be a variety of weights or fiber contents. Several fine strands can be combined in this project. Yarns should be chosen prior to class so we can begin immediately. More yarns can be added during class.
- A variety of needle sizes will be needed so bring a good selection, even a crochet hook or two.
How it works:
- Each student will begin his or her project in a corner, side, center, or top.
- You will work on your project with guidance from Stephen and Steven for the first 20 minutes, including a presentation of their ?Double Whammy: Best of Stephen & Steven?s Tips & Tricks.? You are encouraged to take good notes so you can complete your project after class.
- This should be a fun challenge to guide you in thinking outside the box and working creatively. This workshop will leave you comfortable with deviating from the written pattern and making your own design decisions
- You will be given direction and assignments to enable you to complete your project outside of class.
Sunday, February 15th, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm $95 + tax Stephen West uses his popular shawl designs to talk about shape, construction, and drape. Students will knit a small triangular swatch while topics such as cast ons, increases, bind offs, and blocking are discussed. You will also learn some of Stephen?s favourite tips and tricks! Materials Scrap yarn and needles of choice for a swatch (Aran/worsted weight recommended) Homework Familiarize yourself with Make One Left (M1L) and Make One Right (M1R) increases if you have never encountered them before.